Removals to Europe, UK and Overseas Moving Service
currencies direct
For further information on the currencies direct service please click here...
detailed quote
To get a FREE detailed quote of your move click the button below and fill out our online Contents of House form. detailed quote
view our brochure

have a look at our
new comprehensive
online brochure

0800 246 5622

Removals to Europe, UK and Overseas Moving Service

Removals to Italy: Importing Cars and Other Vehicles

Hamiltons European Removals department can advise you on all aspects of moving your vehicle to Italy. We can provide you with removal quotes for a wide range of vehicles including cars, farm machinery, boats, motorbikes, quad bikes and jet skis.

Removals to Italy – Contact Hamiltons’ European Removal Department

The registration of foreign vehicles in Italy is strictly limited to Italian nationals or to those who officially reside in the country. People moving to Italy must register their vehicle with the Italian authorities within six months of arrival.  Our guide below provides information on how to do this. Please note that information is correct at time of publishing but may change at any time.

Importing your car to Italy in four easy steps

Step one

The first thing you need to do is cancel your vehicles registration with the DVLA. You will then be issued with a cancellation certificate, a technical specifications form and a provisional number plate.

Step two

Once you have received the above documents you can then drive your car to Italy on the provisional number plate.

Step three

On arrival in Italy, visit the Regional Traffic Control authority to obtain a Certificate of Conformity.

Step four

You will then need to register your vehicle on the Public Motoring Register.

To do this you will need the following documentation.

1. Cancellation certificate
2. Technical specifications form
3. Registration Request (domanda di immatricolazione) Form TT2119
4. The original and a photocopy of the vehicle registration document and a certified translation into Italian. Note: a Certificate of Permanent Export may sometimes suffice.
5. Original and photocopy of roadworthiness test certificate signed and stamped by the manufacturer or a reputable dealer, with a certified translation into Italian.
6. Technical specifications form signed and stamped by the manufacturer or a reputable dealer (Note: Italians returning to Italy from outside the EU are exempt from producing a technical sheet.)

They will then issue your new Italian number plate for which there is a fee.

Removals to Italy – contact us now to discuss your move.